Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What makes a posh yet parsimonious life?


'French Flower Market -Poitou Charentes Region'


What makes me glow?
 
I ask myself this question all the time.

What makes me feel rich...and it's got nothing to do with money.

For me it's...

...spending time with my children and grandchildren...

...spending time with my brothers and sisters with whom I have a lifelong history, and I don't underestimate that...

....having a cup of tea with my husband at days end...

....having beautiful things around me, from paintings, to much loved prints and photos, to nostalgic heirlooms and pretty thrift shop finds...

...produce from my own garden...

.... being safe in my home, and making it our sanctuary and our cocoon from life...

....dreaming and planning our next overseas trip or holiday jaunt...

All of these things are free. Or almost free.

'Rich' has nothing to do with money and everything to do with fulfillment.

What makes you feel fulfilled?

How can you make your life more posh, yet parsimonious?

What makes you, you?

As I grow older I realise that I am more 'me' than I've ever been. I am proud of my quirks and differences. No longer do I suffer 'possession cringe' or 'house envy'. I have the home that I love, the family I nurtured, and the possessions that I consider important.

These days, my family know that to make my day, all I need is a new photo of them, a scented soap, an emailed link to a beautiful blog or something about France, my favourite place.

My needs are simple and the things that make me happy, small.

It's a good space to be in.

What's on your Tray of Bliss?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx