Monday, May 14, 2012

Embroidery gifts...


Here is a calico square I've embroidered for a quilt project a friend is organising.

I did this while watching a movie yesterday.

A simple design of some straight stitch flowers, a stem stitch outlined butterfly, and some french knots in different colours and it was done.

Embroidery is easy...really easy.

I literally drew the butterfly freehand and so too, the circles for the straight stitch flowers. I used an eraseable/washable dressmakers marker, and hand washed and pressed the finished square for presentation.
Hand embroidered projects are a very welcome gift...one only has to look at Etsy to see the explosion of hand embroidered giftlines to see that. And anyone can embroider. If you can thread a needle and follow instructions, you can too.

I have a great book, gifted to me by a work colleague a few years ago that makes most stitches easy to comprehend.

It's this one....


For the price of the book, some needles and a couple of skeins of embroidery floss, you too could be stitching pretty gifts for everyone.

Go...have a go. It's a beautiful pastime worth ressurecting.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx