Thursday, May 3, 2012

Todays Hint...

Try to contain todays tasks in 'today'.

Procrastination is the scourge of the organised.

Write a list, tackle each task with energy, move onto the next. If that's too hard, then, as my Mum used to say 'just do one thing...then do one more...'.

If you've done your laundry, make sure it's folded and put away.

If you've started a scrapbooking page, then finish it.

If you have an unpleasant task to perform, get on with it. Get it over with and then you never have to look at it again. It doesn't matter whether that's making a difficult phone call, having a tough discussion, or driving to the other side of town to make good on a promise. As Nike say "Just Do It".

If you start decluttering a wardrobe or a room, don't get sidetracked until you're done.

If you're having a prep session, do not stop for coffee, the phone or the television.

You won't believe what a difference this makes.

You'll go to bed feeling a sense of accomplishment, and open your eyes in the morning wanting to start another day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mimi, I agree wholeheartedly! I'm a bit of a "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow" kind of person, which I hate. But when I do actually get stuck in and complete something it makes me feel so good and I swear I will never procrastinate again. Until next time. My husband is the very worst at not starting things - it seriously does my head in. Funny how we hate the things in other people that we are guilty of ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx