Saturday, July 23, 2011

What if you were Disabled...Update!

My Tray is truly Blissful today.

After my post bemoaning the lack of social contact for Mr A, a great deal has happened.

Mind you, much of this is still in planning stages, but we all feel we've made some good progress.

Thanks to suggestions from friends and contacts, here's where we're at.

Next week Mr A will commence the week with a visit from a friends son. These guys have never met, and have only spoken once, but it seems they have much in common. We two Mothers have high hopes for a successful meet-up.

He'll then go on to join a Ten-Pin Bowling League, with some able bodied folk who are happy to have him with his keen eye and even keener wit.

Following on, he's going to take a look at the Australian Poker League. Now whilst we are against gambling in any form, this is a 'for points only' competition, which I believe is run internationally. Whilst Mr A can't hold the cards himself, his support worker can, and Mr A can indicate his choices no probs at all. He's dying to get his 'dark glasses' on for that one!

Toastmasters is next. Now, why we never thought of this ourselves, I do not know. Lord knows Mr A can talk the leg off an iron pot. So I don't think he'll have any trouble fitting in there!

So, all in all, not too shabby!

Sometimes the mere act of writing the problem down brings a solution, either in clarification of thought and deed, or in the brainstorming of a few friends.

My heartfelt thanks for allowing me the privilege of writing down my thoughts, and for anyone who contacted me with ideas.

Onwards and Upwards!

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

3 comments:

  1. I felt myself breathing a sigh of 'relief' as I read your post! So wonderful to read the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic news!!!

    I am so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx