Friday, July 22, 2011

Frugal Friday...Home Made Herbal Face Cleanser...


Each day my Tray of Bliss includes a mini pamper for me. Well, most days at least.

Whilst I've become very particular about my anti-aging wrinkle cream in recent times, I remain ambivalent about cleanser and toner. I figure anything I make at home will cleanse and tone as well as the overpriced bought stuff.

That said, I also prefer herbal treatments overall, and I also  adore antique bottles.

So why not made my own cleanser and toner, bottle into my fave pretty bottles and have the best of both worlds?

Just for you, here are my two current favourites. Fennel is an important ingredient as it is puported to be full of Oestregen, is cleansing and antiseptic, soothes and relieves, reduces puffiness and helps eliminate toxins, and supposedly removes lines and wrinkles. Well, it's worth a try!

Fennel Cleanser

1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons buttermilk or whey from home made yoghurt

Lightly crush the fennel seeds and place in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over them and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.

Strain the cooled liquid into a small bowl and add the other ingredients. Whisk to combine.

Decant into your pretty bottle and keep refrigerated.

To use, lightly soak a cotton pad with the brew, and wipe face thoroughly.

Fennel Toner

2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup boiled and cooled water
1 tablespoon witch hazel

Bring all ingredients except the witch hazel to the boil in a small saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then add the witch hazel. Strain and decant into your pretty bottle and refrigerate. Apply a small amount to a cotton ball and wipe over your skin after cleansing. Allow to dry before using any face creams.

Please ensure, as with all medicinal remedies, that you do not have an allergy to any of the ingredients listed.

I love making my own beauty products. I love the process, the beautiful scents, and the satisfaction of using something totally organic.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx