Friday, October 7, 2011

More Boho Gypsy Bedroom...Peacock chairs and feathers...


On my Tray of Bliss today is a handful of Peacock feathers.

The Diva and I purchased these on a recent trip to Alma Park Zoo. She's decided to have them displayed on her shelves in her new Boho Gypsy bedroom, in a big tall vase.

The funny thing is, I remember doing exactly the same thing at her age. Is it just a perennial obsession with this age group, or is it a case of all fashion, personal or decor, comes around in circles?

They will look rather lush, and I couldn't help but recall that I also had what is called a Peacock chair like these ones....


...so of course the hunt is now on for a similar one for her.

Fortunately they are a thing that isn't terribly in vogue presently, so they make regular appearances at the local thrift shop. That said, I've probably just cursed myself and I won't see one for yonks!

I used to have my Peacock chair in a sunny corner of my bedroom with a comfy cushion and a batik sarong draped over it. Well, it was the 70's!

Hers will be somewhat more lush. Perhaps a velvety shawl or a hand knitted blanket will be more welcoming.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx