Friday, November 15, 2019

Gorgeous Gifts...DIY Cherubs Cheek Cookie Dough Face Scrub


Here's my version of one of the Lush chains most popular facial cleansers, the Angels on Bare Skin Facial Scrub.

As the name suggests, the texture is very much like a cookie dough.

You take a pearl sized amount of the 'dough', and mix to a paste in the palm of your hand, before applying to the face and massaging well. This will leave your face as soft as .... a Cherubs Cheek!

Soft-as-a-Cherubs-Cheek Cookie Dough Face Scrub

All of my ingredients are readily available at supermarkets or health food stores.
 
This amount makes a ball of dough somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball.

4 tablespoons French White Clay powder (healing and calming)

4 tablespoons Ground Rice (also known as Rice Flour) (gentle exfoliating)

2 tablespoons Milk Powder (moisturising and soothing)

1 teaspoon Citric Acid (preservative and antioxidant)

2 teaspoons Vitamin E oil (antioxidant)

2 tablespoons strong Green Tea (antioxidant)...make the tea with one teabag and about an eighth of a cup of boiling water

2 teaspoons Salt (preservative and exfoliant)

3 tablespoons Glycerine (moisturising)

Several drops essential oils of choice (I used 6 drops each of Lemon, Peppermint and Lavender)

Botanicals such as unsprayed dried rose petals or lavender buds, crumbled (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, using a teaspoon to form into a dough. Knead with scrupulously clean hands until well combined. Seal in foil, in a sealed container.

Use a spoon, tweezers or small tongs to remove tiny pearl sized amounts to mix with a small amount of water to a paste, and massage onto your dampened face for about 30 seconds. Rinse well.

Follow with your favourite moisturiser or my Facial Serum :)

Store sealed in foil and use within one month. Refrigerating it will prolong it's shelf life.

Lush in the true sense of the word!

...Mimi...

3 comments:

  1. Mimi, I have never heard of Cookie Dough Face Scrub. Mind you, we don't have a Lush outlet here but I think I have seen one in Brisbane. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks and sounds so interesting Mimi. I love how you make all of these natural items and they are great idea for gift giving for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mimi, Happy New Year etc. I have read and enjoyed your blog for years. At the end of 2019, I went through the few blogs I have been reading for several years. They were becoming boring to me, same old same old really, I deleted them all from my favourites but kept yours, you always surprise me. Have learned so much. Are you still going to do your blog? I keep popping by but you haven’t posted for a couple of months. Hope you’re just having a little break, but if not thank you for your words of wisdom over the years. I still love the leather bunny bookmark you sent me and still make your poached chicken recipe every single week. So, thank you. With gratitude Fiona.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx