Monday, June 5, 2017

Homespun Things...Baked Savoury Spiced Ricotta Loaf....


 
This is my treat for ME. It's a bit like a savoury cheesecake.
 
I love it's aromatic and tantalising scent as it bakes.
 
I love it's smooth texture atop a sliver of rosy red tomato, or a chunk of baked aubergine or a rice cracker, as a snack.
 
I adore it crumbled and tossed with pasta or rice noodles.
 
And it's sublime served on toast or on a bed of baby spinach for a scrumptious breakfast.
 
It also costs next to nothing to make and is guest worthy as an appetiser or addition to an antipasto platter, any day of the week.
 
So here's how....
 
You'll need:
 
375gms (13ozs) ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon each of dried onion, dried garlic granules, dried basil, dried chilli flakes
 
Then just:
 
Preheat the oven to 175C fan forced (add 10 if not fan forced)
This equates to 350F.
 
Prepare a small loaf pan by oiling it lightly or use a silicone loaf pan.
 
Beat the ingredients together well with a wooden spoon and pour into the loaf pan.
 
Bake for up to 75 minutes or until golden brown and firm and springy to touch in the centre.
 
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan.

 
Enjoy!
...Mimi...

10 comments:

  1. What a tempting recipe, darling Mimi, I'm going to give it a try !

    Thanking you most sincerely for such a precious post,
    I'm sending blessings of joy on your new week

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Daniela, it's always a joy to see your comments. You are a darling. I hope you like the recipe. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. Mimi, I have never heard of a ricotta loaf before. I've learned something new today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chel, it's quite delicious, and so easy. Ricotta is frequently marked down at the supermarket too, AND easy to make yourself if the mood takes you, so it's surprisingly inexpensive to create. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks really delicious--what a perfect cocktail nibble on crackers! Does it store in the refrigerator? And for how long will it keep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue :) Yes, yummy on crackers! Yes, keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Mimi, oh this recipe looks and sounds so good! I love how easy it is to make.
    I hope all is well with you. Take care.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie...how lovely to see you! I've been busy and haven't been able to visit much, but you'll see me on Monday! Mimi xxx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful idea, Mimi!!
    I've learnt to use ricotta, egg and parsley as a large ravioli filling, so your recipe sounds just right!
    Thank you!!
    Regards,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rachel...yes! This would be similar. I hope you like it. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx