Monday, March 15, 2021

Keeping spirits up....


We are facing some challenges here. I know many of you are too.

Ours are not Pandemic related, thank goodness, although, that too can change in an instant.

A family member has had a health scare, and some surgical intervention has been required. This person of course, like so many, believed themselves fit and well up until last Thursday. Even supernaturally so. That all changed with a routine blood test and a phone call.

Now I've been the support person more than once in this sort of scenario. I am familiar with the Stages of Grief and how they are not just connected to the passing of a loved one.

But even the support person needs a little something to lift ones spirits on a day-to-day basis, right? 


My acrylic brooch collection does this for me. 

Dare I say, without fear of contradiction, that some days, my brooches are my reason for dressing well, and sailing out the door with a smile instead of a scowl.


Oh...and necklaces. Oversized and quirky statement necklaces. A new love, recently embraced with enthusiasm.


I love how a change of accessories can completely change the look of a simple shirt.


Some of my collection are cute, fun and quirky, and some are more timeless...


As Dory says in Finding Nemo, sometimes they remind me to Just Keep Swimming...


What keeps your spirits up?

...Mimi...

6 comments:

  1. Hoping for a speedy recovery, and adjustments to the changes that come. Love how you keep your spirit up. Color! Yes!
    Sending you encouragement through the distance.
    Patricia/USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mimi , you inspire me constantly with your uplifting blog posts encouraging me and many others to take one step more when times are challenging.
    I loves seeing your outfits , quirky brooches and necklaces .
    What keeps my spirits up are...dressing to suit my mood each day , accessorising with earrings and any other jewellery I think is needed.My dance classes and friends there and elsewhere I can chat to . As well we go to Saturday socials and I like to dress up a bit more for those events.
    Also my 4 darling grandchildren , 3 of whom live with us at present .making a ice afternoon tea with them some days when their mum is at work .
    Take care and I wish calm ,acceptance of changed health for the sick family member and hope you find some time to recharge your own batteries during this challenging time . Lots of love and hugs are sent to you , from Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi, I love your brooches and necklaces. I love meeting my friends for coffee as that always brightens my day as my children don't live nearby. I know all about coping with an unpleasant diagnosis 😏

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you are facing challenges right now - being a care-giver can be very stressful and draining. Your jewelry collection is wonderful - bright and cheerful - and I can see why it lifts your spirits. I hope you have some signs of spring and a little sunshine to brighten your day. x K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the unwell person is bouncing back to health. Love all your brooches too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You haven’t updated your blog for a while, I’m hoping the patient has recovered and you’re all doing well. Fi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx