Friday, December 2, 2016

e e cummings....Little Tree....a Christmas verse....



 
little tree
little silent Christmas tree
you are so little
you are more like a flower

who found you in the green forest
and were you very sorry to come away?
see          i will comfort you
because you smell so sweetly

i will kiss your cool bark
and hug you safe and tight
just as your mother would,
only don't be afraid

 
look          the spangles
that sleep all the year in a dark box
dreaming of being taken out and allowed to shine,
the balls the chains red and gold the fluffy threads,

put up your little arms
and i'll give them all to you to hold
every finger shall have its ring
and there won't be a single place dark or unhappy


 
 
then when you're quite dressed
you'll stand in the window for everyone to see
and how they'll stare!
oh but you'll be very proud
 
 

and my little sister and i will take hands
and looking up at our beautiful tree
we'll dance and sing
"Noel Noel"



Happy December 2nd to all my blogging friends...xxx
 

12 comments:

  1. So sweet. You're have a nice beginning to December.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia. It is sweet, isn't it? Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. My Dearest Mimì,
    your posts are always so heartwarming, but this is truly very special, let me express all the joy which you filled my heart with, thank you sweetie !

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love on your weekend ahead

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Dany, I knew you'd love this too. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. These are the sweetest words and pictures. I love the children in the sleigh! Sweet Mimi, thank you and happy day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy December to you Mimi and I love your pretty crafts.
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty post!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet, and I totally adore the Victorian images!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx