Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My little life...in my garden...

 
'Each day is a little life' ...Schopenhauer
 
Today I snapped this by-golly-lolly-pink gerbera in my front yard.
 
I have several in clay pots and I adore them.
 
They're not the gaudy, showy things that florists now call 'gerberas'. Although they too, are pretty.
 
These are the old style, with soft as down whiskers, slender petals and and olde worlde perfection all of their own.
 
These were inherited from a dear lady, who moved from a house a few doors up. She knew the place was to be bulldozed to make way for a new estate, and she knew I'd admired her heirloom style gerberas for many seasons. Such a sweetie. I think she wanted them to live on, as would I.
 
Do you have any special inherited plants in your garden that tell a story?
 
I have many, and look forward to sharing their many tales with you.
 
What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx