Monday, April 16, 2012

Who's your role model?

 Look at this beautiful shot of two of the most stunning women in recent history. Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn.

These women were truly beautiful, elegant, with stellar careers and narry a scandal in sight. They each conducted their lives with grace and dignity, setting an example to women everywhere.

Compare them to the so called 'celebrities' of this day and age. Most famous for simply being famous and not for any outstanding achievement to society, history or even the Arts. No thanks.

Give me the Audreys and the Graces any old day.

I always wanted to look like Grace Kelly but alas genes defeated me. My daughter has a slim chance of looking like Audrey Hepburn, at least in physique and elegance of bearing, but she is a redhead and will outgrow Audrey by a good 20cms I reckon. But far better she emulates Audrey or Grace in looks and appearance, than Paris, Kim, or Khloe.

To that end, we are off vintage clothing shopping this weekend. Not a thrift shop this time but a real live vintage glamour gown emporium. We are taking a cousin, and a sister-in-law with us...equal vintage fashion lovers.

Hopefully there will be an Audrey-ish or Grace-ful gown or two for us there.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx