Sunday, September 6, 2015

One hour Fairy Scarf Necklace....Crochet-sewing project....

 
My pretty fairy scarf necklace is named Twinkle Blush Euphoria and it's perfect to wear when it's too warm for a big scarf, but still too nippy not to have something snuggled around the neck.

If you're wondering why I've named my scarf,  I'll get to that at the end of this post.
 
Why have I described it as a 'Fairy Scarf' necklace?
 
Well, this yarn and the embellishments just make my scarf necklace look  like something woven with fairy's hands. The Diva and I could just imagine tiny hands gathering wisps of this, tufts of treasure, and snippets of special to intermingle for this charming and delicate boa.
 
The spring like colours, and textures, the scraps of lace and muslin, and even the tiny pink footprints on the ribbon, suggest something of the bower bird, or pixies scavenging for treasure.
 
With some pretty yarn, some scraps of lace and ribbon, rosettes and sequins, you can make this scarf too. Mine took me one hour.
 
My crochet skills are basic at best and all I used for this was a row of chain to create the length, into which I then crocheted a single row of treble all the way along.
 
 
 
I then tied scraps of ribbon and lace into the crocheted chains at one end, added two of my handmade and hand dyed muslin roses (you could just use purchased rosettes or ribbon roses), and stitched just a couple of mother of pearl and blush pink sequins on one end. Life just isn't right without a bit of sparkle now, is it? I added one single rosette to the other end, so that when it's tied, there's a little trail of muslin roses tumbling down my shirt...as in my photo below, where I am actually wearing my Fairy Scarf Necklace.
 
The Diva and I are in a crochet frenzy whipping these up to sell at a fundraiser, and I think maybe a few will make it into the Christmas gifting pile.
 
 
A bit of prettiness for very little time, effort or money.
 
This fresh Spring coloured yarn was gifted to me by a penfriend who calls herself, simply, Heartsister. It's called Moda Vera Medley, and the colour is 01.
 
Leave me a comment telling me what you would name your fairy scarf if you were to make one, and I might have a little surprise for the most creative name :)
 
Have fun!
 
...Mimi...

10 comments:

  1. Now I think I understand! Thanks Mimi. I like the idea of a kind of soft mixed multi media scarf, I had not though of such a thing!
    Being friends I won't be a contestant but I will still say Tinkerbell. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Annabel...it was only after I read your post that I realised that only The Diva and I knew what a 'fairy scarf' was! Thankyou. I have amended my post accordingly. Tinkerbell suits...the green is very Tinker-ish! Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. I love your fairy scarf, Mimi. I never got into crocheting or knitting, just sewing and painting and other things. I admire the work of those who can make beautiful scarves, sweaters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carol! I'm glad you like it! I love all kinds of craft, so I'm always looking for a new project...so long as it takes less than an hour to complete...lol! Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the fairy scarf...very pretty! All those textures make it very interesting.
    I would call mine Tinker Bella ( Bella being after my GD).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply delightful, my friend, and oh-so-whimsical! How I would love to enter for your kind and beautiful giveaway, but alas, I don't know how to crochet or knit....sad, I know :) I know someone will appreciate the goodies, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so generous with your commenting Stephanie. Thankyou for your sweet words. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a neat and cute idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J! Please don't forget to enter the $25 Starbucks Giftcard Giveaway that ends tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and it does look like something little fairies wove together. I love your handmade roses! I think I would have to name my fairy scarf 'sparkle'. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx