Sunday, April 22, 2012

Live and let live...


I found this little banner when I was cruising around looking for something else this morning.

This is one of my life mantras, and the one that I have found most difficult to sustain at many times in my life.

The world is full of people, all choosing to live their life in their own way, space and time. It's hard to not make judgements sometimes, based upon my own beliefs and morals.

But at the end of the day, as a good friend reminded me recently, 'it'd be a dull world if we were all the same'.

So true.

Some more truths....

Ultimately, if a friend asks your advice, you may give it, but it is up to them to act upon it.

Ultimately, none of us have all of the answers to lifes' questions.

Ultimately, we all have our reasons for living the way we do, and should not judge one another based upon what we or our 'group' do.

Ultimately, each of us chooses and manages the consequences of those choices.

I used to spend a great deal of time trying to make other people live and behave and make choices based upon what I did. As I grew older, and one would hope, wiser, I saw that I was wrong in doing so. But perhaps I just craved finding people who WERE like me. I am, and have always been, a bit of a square-peg-in-a-round-hole type of person.

I was never 'in with the in crowd', and remain so. I never saw shopping as entertainment, or having a bigger and better house or job as a measure of who I am. I've never chosen a car or house based upon whether it would impress my friends. But I don't mind if others do. That is their choice and that's okay too. I don't understand it, but who says I have to?

The great thing about blogging, is that I find it connecting me to other like minded folk. You, as my reader or follower, allow me to express my opinions, chiming in with your own when you feel moved to do so.

I feel truly honoured when you comment, because for whatever reason, something I've said has struck a chord with you.

Thankyou.


1 comment:

  1. March to the beat of your own drum and enjoy the beat! Be true to self and do not concern yourself with what others think or say. You have your own unique style that is admired by so many. As for the 'in crowd' they are all running around to the beat of The Jones's drum ;]

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx