Monday, December 6, 2010

Now THAT'S a Chandelier!


I love love love chandeliers. Don't you?

Isn't this one exquisite?

I took this photo, having just enjoyed the most perfect afternoon tea on holidays in France. This is a magnificent, hand blown milk glass chandelier at the Regent Grand Hotel in Bordeaux.

To me, it says drama, luxury, beauty, mystery. It brings to mind pictures of impeccably dressed ladies in enormous hats, walking tall dogs on long leashes. The silk curtains and brass tiebacks, seem to be there for no other reason but to frame the chandelier. Certainly the tiny room it was in, served no other useful purpose. How very French!

In my dreams, I live in a home grand enough to accomodate a chandelier just like this one.

Maybe one day....


12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mim's

    I could very much picture myself living the life of a lady from that era, couldn't you? I am sure that I would send my carriage and footman for you often so that we could indulge in all manner of lady like activities together hehehehe! We could start with high tea, then a spot of shopping on the Boulevard perhaps followed by a leisurely stroll by the river!

    Tres chic!

    Smooches each cheek


    Kimmie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh so very beautiful! Absolutely LUXURY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes Kimmie...absolutissimo...how truly blissful that would be!

    Thankyou Jo. Very sumptuous and special, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mim's thanks for stopping by my blog and I LOVED hearing about your eiderdown story! Would love for you to post a piccie of it on your blog as I collect them. Would be lovely if we had the same type/pattern :]

    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that chandelier is a treasure, but a treasure that I glad not to have to clean. Thanks for sharing another treasure from you tray of bliss. Hurry on back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you captured this beautiful chandelier well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think chandeliers are beautiful, but I am glad I don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chandelier is just beautiful. I love them as well :)
    Diana
    http://adifferentlenslens365.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/52-george-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. France definitely does not do anything half way. This is gorgeous. Just think the time and effort that went into making it. What a lovely find this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my that is a stunning chandelier for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx