Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas High Tea...


I love a good High Tea.

This week I've had the pleasure of hosting a Christmas High Tea for 14 lovely young ladies, friends of my young daughter.

They're a gorgeous crowd of girls, and quite sophisticated for 10 and 11 year olds.

So when planning a Christmas gathering for them, it was High Tea or nothing.

Our menu included ribbon sandwiches with egg and lettuce and herbed chicken breast, miniature caramel tarts, sponge cake with passionfruit icing or strawberries and cream, and these pretty little lemon meringue nests. Really just a little hollow meringue, filled with home made lemon curd and topped with a sliver of strawberries.


More recently, my sons girlfriend rustled up cookies and cream cheesecakes, lemon meringue tarts, macadamia nut slice and butterfly cakes for a special birthday.

I love a good High Tea....

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mim's this is part of the reason I love you so~!

    You are MY KIND OF MUM and every girl no matter their age should have a mum like you!

    Squishy hugs


    Kimmie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day Kimmie..honestly :)

    Blowing you a kiss..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo beautiful Mimi! Did you make those meringue nests? If so, what is your secret for making them so uniform and neat and tall? I can NEVER get mine to look like that. And I agree with Kimmie, you're a wonderful mum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Jo...a confession. No, I didn't make them. I bought them at our local IGA. I find I have to choose my battles wisely at this time of the year :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Mimi that looks sooo good and I totally agree with Kimmie, you are the top Mum.xxxx Rae xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good does that Christmas Mocktail look?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx