Friday, October 29, 2010

Tutu Pretty....


This is one of my daughters Ballet costumes and one of my favourites. 

The twinkling sequins against sumptuous velvet, the frothy underskirt. It's all that a little girl dreams of when she starts ballet lessons.

It's concert time soon.

Once again, her father and I will be enthralled by all those little dancing feet, one pair of which will have our particular attention.

All those crazy lessons, all the running back and forth to classes, all the early mornings of extra stretches and practice for exams will culminate in a weekend of silk, satin, sparkling lycra and sequins.

What's not to love?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi how lovely...
    I'm a male breeder,my DP says...I only have sons so I've missed all the girly stuff... I was always taking my sons to football or cricket...
    No ballet for me... I might get some grand daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress! I have a grand daughter who takes ballet lessons... maybe I can make her something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Mimi - can see her dancing around in it :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx