Wednesday, October 20, 2010

French Dreaming....



My daughter and I will be practicing our French today.

We'll watch 'Amelie', and drool over the scenery, and we'll use our Lonely Planet book to practice phrases like "What star sign are you" (Tu es de quel signe...pronounced Tew ay der kwel see-nyer), and "Do you know a good restaurant" (Tu connais un bon restaurant...pronounced Tew kon-ay bon res-to-ron), giggling hysterically the whole time.

To date our efforts have been laughingly abominable. Our attempts at rolled 'r's and lilting phrases, and defining the nuances of French verbs have escaped us. But practice makes perfect...or in the case of learning French, practice makes perfectly tolerable!

We'll reminisce about our trips to France and all the fun times we've had. Memories held and memories in the making.

We'll try to mimic this glorious embroidery too. An image found on Pinterest, alas without it's source...what a shame...I'd love to find the instructions. Can anyone help?


What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi , reading your bolg today makes me think of our plans to go to Europe for 6 months in 4 years time as it will be DP long service leave. We plan to spend a month in France and I so can't wait . I want to learn french I have a DVD on learning french we we :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie, I could spend the rest of my life learning French and still never speak like a native....*sigh*...but it's a lovely goal. Good luck with your travel plans...it's a splendiferous country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la, your blog is lovely. My daughter was learning French this year when I was homeschooling her but she is back at school and is now learning Japanese. No language sounds as lovely as French.
    What is on my tray of bliss today? Hopefully a nice bubble bath before bed after working in the garden today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Tracy..I appreciate the lovely feedback :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx