Monday, October 18, 2010

A mini chandelier...just till I get a real one!


I'm indulging one of my long held wishes...to own a crystal chandelier.

Unfortunately, my contemporary Aussie home, does not lend itself to a full blown shimmering cascade of the kind I imagine in my dreams. Fortunately I am an excellent lateral thinker, and have a keen eye for a bargain.

When I spotted this little tea light candle holder in my local thrift shop, I just knew we were meant for each other. Still with 'new' tags attached, I grabbed this little treasure for just $6.

As the lady carefully wrapped it in swathes of white tissue to protect it, she said longingly..."I knew this one would go to a good home as soon as I unpacked it this morning".

So, no chandelier for me, but candles, mirrors, and faux crystal teardrops will do just fine. I can dream, can't I?

Sometimes we can get the feeling of a luxurious home, for very little outlay. That, I think, is the key to being content, no matter our budget.

Do you crave a chandelier too? Seek out Crystal pendants on eBay, suncatchers, cake stands with pendant drops, pendant earrings...they'll all give that chandelier feel, until like me, you find the real deal.

You could also indulge in other crystal whimsies, such as crystal balls, crystal glassware, or something special and unique like this little crystal hors d`ouevre serving dish...

 
What little indulgence can you find to satisfy the need for a larger one?

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mims I adore chandeliers and ditto re the house type and not suited re ceiling height.

    However I didn't let that stop me lol, WAIT till you see my gorgeous chandelier lamp on my dresser! Shall I post a piccie soon?

    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course!

    Hugs to you too...x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx