Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Neff Australias 50 Best Home Cooks..will you please vote for my Salad?

 
Friends, I am a bit excited.
 
I've entered a competition. One of only a handful in my lifetime.
 
But you see, this one is just my thing, and I think I have half a chance of winning at least a little something. I think a voucher for some locally grown gourmet olives is at the lower end of the prize pool, and that would be just fine and dandy :)
 
What would be even better though, would be to win a new oven, cooktop and rangehood for my kitchen renovation... my 'this is the kitchen for the rest of my life' renovation... at the end of this year.
 
You know how sometimes, things just drop into your lap at the right time?
 
I wasn't looking to win anything, and generally shy away from competitions, thinking them unwinnable. But I had been looking longingly at some high end ovens and wondering how I could ever convince my very frugal self and husband, that a $4000 cooker was necessary, when a $1000 one would suffice. After all, that is our life mantra!
 
Suddenly yesterday, this competition came up on my Instagram feed. Wow. Well....how could I resist?
 
Because friends, I can guarantee I won't be spending $4000 on a new oven, cooktop and range hood, BUT winning one? Well, that's different, isn't it?
 
So, I don't think I've ever asked for anything from my blogging friends or followers. I hope though, that over the years, I've offered you advice, a recipe, a tutorial or a gift idea, that made a difference to you.
 
Would you do me the honour of voting for me, to help me earn something that will make a difference to me?
 
You can find my Stealing the Limelight Celebration Salad, under my real name, not my blogging one, at....
 
http://theneffkitchen.com.au/vote_recipes/stealing-the-limelight-celebration-salad/
 
I'd so love your help.
 
And if you decide you'd rather enter the competition yourself, well, that's okay too. I'd vote for you to return the favour.
 
Or perhaps some other worthy photograph will catch your eye and you'll give them your vote. I can graciously accept that, as well. All is fair in love and kitchen appliance competitions ;-)
 
Please don't just click away. It will take less than 60 seconds of your time to vote.
 
Thankyou.
 
....Mimi...
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Voting done Mimi.
    Just so you don't feel so bad about the idea of a $4000 cooker, my brother and his wife decided that the only cooker they could possibly put in their new $36,000 kitchen(without appliances) was a paltry $8,000. Needless to say my brother and his wife, who are the most wonderful people, often think that they will never have the opportunity to retire. My brother is 4 years younger than me and I have now been semi retired for four years. Your recent Motherly Advice post bought this brother and his family to the fore of my thoughts.
    We are hoping to have enough money saved to replace our 30 year old kitchen by the end of the year. I am so hoping that I can finally have a dishwasher. I have never had one. We are budgeting $10,000, which includes appliances. Our kitchen is quite small and we will install it ourselves. We are also using the footprint of the current kitchen so don't have to worry about replacing the tiles on the floor. These only went down when we moved in and did our initial renovation three years ago.
    I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jane. Yes, kitchens and kitchen appliances are a minefield aren't they. I know people whose kitchens are a kitchen lovers dream, who rarely cook. Mind you, when they do, the results are to-die-for. I can make do with a $1000 stove and cooktop, but I'd love a full Chefs kitchen one day. Maybe this is my opportunity :) And my dear friend YOU should enter as well. I will gladly vote for you, and encourage everyone else to do the same. Love, Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. good luck MiMi as far as I am concerned you should definitely win Best of luck...off to vote now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Megan. You are wonderful. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Mimi
    I voted for your beautiful salad! Best of luck,

    Mrs Tiggywinkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi, I have been a long time reader of your blog but never comment.
    I look forward to your posts and have learnt a lot from you.
    I have happily voted for your delicious looking salad. Best of luck. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Voted and wish you all the best in this rather fun enterprise!
    www.makecookgrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mimi, been reading and enjoying your blog for a while. Never commented before. Have voted for you. Good luck. Cheers Liz K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mrs. Mimi!! I tried to vote but I guess you have to be a resident of Australia given the "state" choices. I sure hope you win. No one deserves it more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried, but I couldn't do it...as Melinda noted above, I'm not Australian. But I am a 'Melinda' too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DONE! God bless you and I hope you win big! xoxo
    ( I entered NSW as country even though I am in US. So come on Americans, go back and redo.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona ballerina ttowelApril 20, 2017 at 8:37 PM

    Voting done, hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your salad looks and sounds delicious! I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tis done as well... your salad looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Voted, thanks Mimi for all your help over the years. Your recipes on SS are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx