Friday, August 29, 2014

Pretty in Pink Springtime wreath....

 
It's nearly Spring in my part of the world.
 
I've been out this morning plant new herb beds, potting a conifer which I'll use as my living Christmas Tree, taking cuttings from my oversized and gorgeously gaudy red geranium plant, and pruning my standard bougainvillea, in both blush and fushchia, thankyou very much.
 
I had a hankering for a bit of pink in my entry corridor and this repurposed wreath seemed it would fit the bill. I made it a couple of Christmases ago, but my penchant for a Pink Christmas withered fairly quickly. It was all just a bit too quaint for a girl like me ;0)
 
So after considering my Chanel inspired wreath gifted to me by my lovely blogging friend Flora, and deciding that Chanel shouldn't be hung outdoors, I dug this one out. I'd actually forgotten about it and was snaffling around seeking the makings of a new wreath, and lo and behold...there it was! All pink and pretty and spring like.
 
The Musician Husband will faint dead away at pink at the front door, but he'll recover. It's only for a minute.
 
If a replica is what you're seeking, it's not hard.
 
1 bamboo crafting hoop
2 pink feather boa
1 posy pink roses
Hot glue gun
 
Wind the boas around the hoop, securing with dots of glue.
 
Add the posy, fastened with glue also.
 
Hang.
 
Pretty!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Mimi, I love the pink feathery wreath! So sweet of you to give me a shout out! Try to get into the Brisbane Arcade next week, it's going to be all tricked up with fleurs! You and the Diva should hookey from school. I am trying to work out how I can get in there..... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Pretty in Pink" feather boa wreath is perfect! I love feather boas! Last year I decorated my Christmas tree with weveral white ones wrapped round and round as a "garland" and made a complementary wreath by wrapping a couple of white feather boas around a home-made grape vine wreath, then I tucked battery-operated votive candles here and there inside the grave vine to give a little glow. I think it was my prettiest holiday decorating yet. Sooooo happy to see others using feather boas too. They are a great decorating tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mimi - your beautiful wreath is one of our Featured Inspirations at Inspire Me Monday - Week 139 at Create With Joy!

    Have a fabulous week and I look forward to seeing this week's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Jazzy pink wreath! Thanks for bringing it to my Party
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx