Friday, May 11, 2012

Compliments...


When was the last time you paid someone a compliment?

A compliment makes you feel good, nay, great. A well timed and thoughtfully worded compliment leaves you feeling like you're walking on air.

That someone went out of their way to say 'gosh you look nice today' or 'great work on that presentation' or 'fab hair...who's your hairdresser', or 'an A on your science exam...gosh I'm so proud of you', means a lot.

I compliment my family every single day. I look for things on which to compliment them.

It's an no-cost, do-it-anywhere-anytime way of reminding them that I love them.

I try to make my compliments task specific. I don't believe in just telling my friends and family that they are 'awesome' or 'powerful' or suchlike things that have been encouraged in recent times. Frankly they're not...and nor can they 'be anything and do anything'. That's a falsehood that seems to have lead to an entire generation thinking they're entitled.

They are however, 'a dedicated Dad', 'a loyal and hardworking manager', 'a beautiful singer', 'a loyal friend', 'a great cook', 'a loving son', 'a brilliant husband', 'a caring brother or sister', and so on.

Compliments are the cream on the cupcake of life. You don't need them to survive but gee they're nice when you get them.

Compliment your family and friends today and see what happens. I bet it's returned to you tenfold.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post - love it~!

    Love you!


    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx