Are these guys SERIOUS???
I've seen these things from time to time. They're meant to make one want to do the housework. I guess the strategy is that singing along to some of these little gems will lighten your load. Let me give you a sample of some of the tracks...this is only some of them...
2. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - December '63 (Oh What A Night)
3. Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
4. The Bangles - Manic Monday
5. Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
1. Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
2. Lily Allen - The Fear
3. Kylie Minogue - Wow
4. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
5. Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
1. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
2. The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
3. KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up
4. Duran Duran - Rio
5. Kim Wilde - Kids In America
1. Wings - Let `Em In
2. Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
3. Jean Knight - Mr Big Stuff
4. The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
5. Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
1. Peggy Lee - Fever
2. Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me
3. Julie London - Fly Me To The Moon
4. Frank Sinatra Love And Marriage
5. Dean Martin & Helen O'Connell - How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning
Look...I'm sorry...but singing along to Don't You Want Me Baby by Human League or a bit of Hot Chocolate used to be my thing...about 30 years ago.
Frankly I would just find it depressing to be swishing around with my swivel head mop while reliving my mispent youth in my head.
Dancing with the Dyson is never going to live up to memories of Bus Stop-ing, or Nutbush City Limiting with the crowd on the dance floor of Mamies nightclub, when I was a teeny weeny girl with a waist size the span of my hand, and legs up to 'there'.
Sugar soaping the walls just isn't the same as singing along to Sugar Baby Love or Sugar, Sugar in the light of the mirror ball, so don't try and cheer me up.
A girl doesn't need Housework Songs. She needs a Housework Fairy. And preferably one like this...
...so...like I said...don't try and cheer me up.
Housework Songs...it's just not right.