Monday, April 22, 2019

Insourcing...the working womans guide....

 
Friends, when you work full time and you have STUFF TO DO...it just gets done.
 
By hook or by crook.
 
I know...you're admiring my DIY chandelier, aren't you. More on that in a minute.
 
Meanwhile, I used the Easter long weekend to enjoy some peaceful reflection, as one should at this time of year. It's not all about chocolate and camping, folks.
 
Speaking of chocolate though, we avoided gifting too much of it, purely for healths sake.
 
The granddaughters instead received SOME chocolate, and other little gifts like this cute succulent in a ceramic bunny bowl...
 
 
….Unicorn milkshakes, which granddaughter number 2 (in birth order, not in any sort of order of preference), declared she could SEE the unicorn in....

 
….the traditional feast was held...
 
 
...new little friends were made in the garden...I do not like stick insects, but to my enormous surprise, they were declared 'beautiful' by daughter and granddaughters and permitted to climb over both.

 
Easter goings-on complete, it was on to the business of the week ahead.
 
Sweet potato was roasted for lunches.

 
Pantry salad was made...basically a tin of bean mix, a tin or corn kernels, and a good dose of a mixture of maple syrup, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and wholegrain mustard. A favourite from wayyyy back. And great for work lunches.

 
...fresh herbed ricotta...can't make it fast enough to keep up with the demand just now!

 
Todays lunch lighter fare...some of the aforementioned ricotta, roasted sweet potato, baby spinach and smoked salmon. Yummy.

 
Here's my $5 chandelier and about $25 worth of aurora borealis crystals ordered on Wish.com.

 
Here's my $5 chandelier hung.
 
Impressive, right?
 
Many of these crystals are attached with jewellery magnets. They're meant for DIY necklaces. Works well, and much easier to remove and clean the crystals!
 


 
Make the most of every day friends.
 
Do one thing, then just one thing more. My Mums mantra.
 
It works for me!
 
What's happening there?
 photo signature_zps33fd9dfd.png

10 comments:

  1. Mimi, I love your chandelier. You are such a clever little vegemite. Have a great week at work and at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Chel. You say the loveliest things. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  2. The chandelier is just so pretty. Is it actually wired in and a working light? Um, I mustn't get out much. I have never heard of aurora borealis crystals - you learn something everyday.
    I think I'm going to have to try the herbed ricotta, it looks like it would be very versatile. I made a lovely meal tonight all from what I had - chicken legs and thigh fillets in the slow cooker with honey soy sauce, a fry up of onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and mushroom with rice, carrots and beans. If I'm lucky there will be enough leftovers for work lunch tomorrow.
    Some friends called earlier today and we arranged a catch up at my house. Again, I was able to conjure up a banana cake with cream cheese icing - all ingredients I had in the fridge and pantry. It was yum.
    I don't really have a bulging fridge or pantry but I have practised substituting ingredients and organising the pantry with enough go to ingredients to make a trip to the shops unnecessary for when something is needed out of the blue.
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter break!
    Janiebabe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Aurora borealis crystals are the ones that look like rainbows. They're very pretty. That slow cooker meal sounds yum. Must pass that on to my slow-cooker-shy husband. I did have a lovely easter. I hope you did too. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  3. Your Easter dinner just looks so good and the chandler is very pretty. I too cut back on the candy. They seemed to get too much as it was and I'm so glad I did. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Vickie. I pretty chuffed with the chandelier :) Mimi xxx

      Delete
  4. I like the cute succulent plant in the bunny and the food looks so good and healthy. I hope you have a nice week Mimi.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. So lovely to hear from you. Mimi xxx

      Delete
  5. It's been 4 weeks,we are missing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Savannah...I'm sorry. Life took me away for a minute. Nice to know someone noticed. Mimi xxx

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx