Monday, February 19, 2018

Recipes in Four Sentences...Tangy Citrus Cream Dessert...

 
Got a surplus of citrus?
 
Don't know what to do with it?
 
 
Here's some ideas...
 
Lemon Cream
 
For 4 serves
 
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of caster sugar to a half a cup of hot tap water, and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons plain gelatine, stirring to dissolve both. Add this to 4 heaped tablespoons plain Greek Yoghurt (I use home made), 2 teaspoons of lemon essence or juice and zest of half a lemon, and whisk well. Add about a cup of stiffly whipped cream, and fold through carefully to preserve the air in the whipped cream. Spoon into glasses or ramekins and garnish with lemon zest, chilling for at least one hour.
 
~0~
 
I had two tins of Dream Whip in the fridge from a party in January, so I cheated and measured a cup of that...lol. Worked brilliantly, but my U.S. friends probably know that. I don't know what else to do with the stuff!

 
This is so yummy and rich, you'll think you're at a five star restaurant ;-)
 
 
Those citrus...oranges, lemons, cumquats, limes...can also be baked into little cakes. These days I cheat again, and use a good gluten free cake mix and just add zest and juice to it.

 
I have all of those growing...yum...
 
 
I like to bake my little cakes in heart shapes. Why not make life pretty while I'm at it, right?

 
And of course, crepes served with lemon juice and sugar is a childhood treat that I've never tired of.

 
How do you deal with an excess of fruit?
 
...Mimi...
 

2 comments:

  1. Citrus anything in my opinion. I love my lemon tree...lol.
    I'm glad you mentioned cheating with a packet mix. I saw packets of French teacake mix in the baking aisle for less than $1.50 a packet. Too tempting to miss out on so I have quite a few in my stockpile because they are a family favourite and a personal favourite since my childhood.
    Take care,
    Janiebabe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...irresistible! Well done on the teacake buy! We do love a bargain ;-) Mimi xxx

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx