Monday, December 11, 2017

Softest, squishiest, fattest Marshmallows....no glucose or corn syrup...

 
If you're stuck for a quick, easy, inexpensive foodie treat for adults and kids alike, look no further than these big, fat, squishy clouds of marshmallow. You can tint them any colour, add little embellishments and package them prettily and they look truly gourmet. I've seen little bags of fat marshmallows selling for $22 for 4, so there's no need to feel like you're gifting anything but the best.
 
 



 
 
Here's the recipe in a few sentences:
 
3 cups white granulated sugar in a large bowl, 2 heaped tablespoons gelatine dissolved in 1 1/2 cups boiling water added to the sugar. Beat with an electric mixer till sugar is completely dissolved. Add food colouring and 2 teaspoons vanilla essence. Pour into lined square tin. Allow to set. Cut into squares and toss in cornflour and icing sugar sifted together.
 
Yummy  :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Mimi. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe Mimi. I was wondering if after setting they need to be kept refrigerated? I'm making small baskets of treats and these would be a lovely addition. So far I've made 4 ingredient English toffee and 2 ingredient chocolate fudge, as well as white chocolate dipped dried apricots that have been rolled in chopped pistachios. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Blessings, Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No refrigeration necessary Cookie. Mimi x

      Delete
  3. Is the vanilla essence liquid or the powder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mimi!!

    I was just given beef gelatin today, and had jellies on my mind! Now I am also thinking of marshmallow!

    Thank you,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx