Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Update...Neff Australias 50 Best Home Cooks Results!

 
A couple of weeks ago, I asked friends, family and the blogging community to vote for my Celebration Salad, in the Neff Australias 50 Best Home Cooks competition.
 
Well, many of you did so, and I am now here to thankyou from the bottom of my heart.
 
I have been awarded Third prize, which is kitchen appliances of my choice to the value of $5,999, a $100 Mount Zero Olives voucher, and my recipe and photograph will also be featured in an upcoming Neff Appliances recipe book.
 
I am beyond thrilled!
 
It's funny. Not so long ago, I was seriously reconsidering continuing with my blog. Life changes, and I sometimes feel that I've said all I needed to say, although my husband might disagree! I don't feel I am ever going to be one of the BIG bloggers. You know. The ones who give up their day jobs and hire a staff of half a dozen to research posts, recruit sponsors, style photographs. And it doesn't earn me more than mere cents in terms of income. It's something I do for the love of it, not for the money!
 
Then something like this happens. The blogging community and the many, many lovely friends I have made through blogging, rally around, and help me make a wish come true.
 
I am so very grateful, and so fortunate to have people I have never met, want to support my dreams.
 
 Thankyou.
 
My kitchen renovation is well under way, mostly DIY, so this prize couldn't have come at a better time. You can be sure that my new gas cooktop, oven, and range hood, will be well loved and well used for many long years to come.
 
Stay tuned for updates and photographs as my Dream Kitchen, comes to life.
 
Again, my heartfelt thanks to all who voted, or tried to! I know that some of my overseas friends tried to, but found that they were unable due to the restrictions imposed.
 
Thankyou anyway.
 
Much love....Mimi xxx
 

23 comments:

  1. Thrilled for you too. You deserve it and I hope you enjoy your new appliances.
    Janiebabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations
    Such a deserving win Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very happy for you. And it is indeed funny how things work out in marvelous, if unexpected, ways ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad to have been able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, looking forward to seeing your new kitchen come to life..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mimi ! So very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Mimi. Well done and I hope you enjoy what you won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you!!!! Thanks for the update and I can't wait to see your prize in your new DIY kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful news, Mimi!!!!! I'd love to try your salad - - yum!
    Rachel Holt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That's wonderful news! So happy for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so thrilled you won! It couldn't have happened to more a deserving lady. You are so precious. And I love your blog just the way it is. It feels real. Not staged and phony like bigger ones do. It feels like what love would feel like if love were a blog. Thank you for you do, Mrs. Mimi! I can't wait to see the pictures. <3

    xoxo,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Mimi, well done! XOXO Traci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Mimi! I am thrilled to hear you have won a prize. A most deserving winner :-)
    Our internet was having bothers that week, but it did at least allow me to vote for you at that time. Enjoy your lovely appliances and seeing your recipe featured. Kaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Mimi! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sure it will all be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well done Mimi, I'm sure you will enjoy all those new appliances.
    I love your blog just the way it is, I agree with Melinda, it feels real.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is fantastic! I am so excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great news Mimi, Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. This makes me so happy! I love your posts and would be sad if they stopped.Congratulations and can't wait to see photos of your new kitchen. Glad to have done my part!
    Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy for you! Very well done.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mimi,
    Was just thinking about you and came over to see how you were doing.........
    Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you, what a great thing to have happen to you. Congratulations, can't think of anyone better to have won this contest.
    Can't wait to see your new kitchen..........I am assuming you are working on that kitchen and it is why we have not heard from you for 2 weeks. Hope all is going well, and look forward to hearing from you soon hon.
    Blessings,
    Nellie
    Have fun sweetie............

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pleased for you Mimi. It looks fantastic and your reward is certainly coming just at the right time for you. I do hope your blog continues for a long, long time :) Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx