Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Weird gremlins in Blogland!

Hi everyone!
 
Well as you see, my blog looks completely different today.
 
That's because some gremlins have stolen my background and header which I paid a blog designer for.
 
Strangely, the blog designers avatar disappeared from my blog admin at around the same time, and an email to her asking whether she could shed any light on the issue, bounced back to me...Da-dum-dum-DA!!!!
 
Who knows. It was only $80, but I'm miffed all the same. Thanks a lot Leslie you-know-who-you-are!
 
I have two other blogs whose backgrounds look okay (which I designed and installed myself) so I can only guess at what's happened.
 
Never mind. I designed the other two and I can design my own for A Tray of Bliss.
 
Meanwhile, enjoy my understated Pearl Grey background :)
 
P.S. After several hours of work (I am a terrible Luddite who scrapes through blogging by the skin of her teeth), I've come up with the template and header you now see.
 
I like it. It's more me.
 
What do you think?
 
 photo signature_zps33fd9dfd.png

6 comments:

  1. I wonder what on Earth happened???
    I have a similar story....did some designs...paid (generously to a young whippersnapper) who the ignored my further emails when I couldn't get it to 'fit' the space...and worse still somehow lost a file!!! Frustrating indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll never know Flora! I've been burned a couple of times this last fortnight. I'll share my trials with the Love Home Swap folk another day. Let's just say...no more long distance financial transactions for me! Pic Monkey is a fab tool for designing and installing headers and suchlike and I learned how to use it to make my blog header from another blogger!...x

      Delete
  2. Oh no ... that is the worst. I always worry that something will happen with my blog, and I won't be able to fix it. I do love your header though. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginnie :) Well, the experience has served to show me that I am capable of more than I believe. Honestly, with the help of Youtube and Google, I reckon I could govern the country whilst whipping up a Frangelico Mousse Torte and herding my adorable children into a perfectly posed family portrait on my hand embroidered family heirloom blanket, while snapping the portrait with my iPhone and enhancing it with PicMonkey....then blogging about it....hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Your header is divine! You did a wonderful job.

    If you need some help with blogger stuff I might be able to help? I'm not a graphic designer or an expert but have been using blogger for a few years now and am getting the hang of it!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Natasha! I've been on Blogger for a few years too, but the intricacies of the technical stuff seems to have passed me by a lot of the time...heheh! Thankyou...I might just take you up on your lovely offer...xxx

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx