Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Decal Decorating...


I love a pretty decal.

When I was a child, it was common practice to decorate the nursery furniture with decals like these...

...and in fact these two little darlings were on my very own half sized wardrobe for many years, until it was handed down to my younger siblings to make way for my very swish state of the art, teen style Laminex bedroom suite. No-one else I knew had a 'bedroom suite' so I thought I was the Bees Knees.

It was very similar to this one...






Handles with Starburst surrounds were a particular feature as were Mother of Pearl button handles, and silver toned laminex 'woodgrain'.

My thanks to this eBay listing, which was the only photo source I could find for this type of suite...


I hope he or she gets a sale! If I were 'local' I think I'd buy it just for the nostalgic value.

Anyway, I digress.

Decals...love them. I've recently rediscovered Decals. And I've had a slap dash time decorating stuff around my home with them. One single sheet of bluebird decals gave me endless pleasure in decorating glass jars in my pantry. I bought them here and they were around $10 for the sheet.


There are many other sellers, but this one is a particular favourite of mine.

So, here are my prettily decal-ed jars...



There's actually about a dozen of them, but unfortunately the ones holding peanuts and raw sugar don't photograph well.

Now I know that it may seem superfluous, to just add a pretty picture to the jars for the sake of it, but I say 'why not'. I would waste away if I didn't have beautiful things in my home to look at it, and as I spend so much time in the kitchen, why shouldn't I have beautiful things there as well.

I've gained so much pleasure from my Bluebird jars. $10 well spent.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?




1 comment:

  1. The name in the frame with birds is my favorite! I wish I had space in C's room for that!kids wall decals

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx